Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Miraculous Day

I had the privilege of being with my sister on one of the biggest days of her life, the birth of her twin identical boys.  She had an incredibly rare case where her boys were mono-mono twins; really that means they are identical twins in the same placenta sac.  She was told  that it was extremely unlikely for them to survive, much less deliver.   If she did deliver them they would most likely have some major health issues. Having all these concerns my sister was admitted to the hospital the first week of December at 24weeks and stayed until her 32 week goal so the nurses could monitor the babies at least two times a day.  I have been inspired by my sisters optimism, courage  and never an ounce of complaint for pushing through those hard 8 weeks in the hospital for the safety of her babies. The time had arrived  and she delivered two healthy baby boys! Both weighing almost the same with no complications or major heath problems. It was an absolute miracle!

I felt so honored to document their big day. 

Here are my favorite pictures  in sequential order (9 of 140) copy(19 of 140) copy(45 of 140)_edited-1 copy(47 of 140) copy 2(81 of 140)_edited-1 copy(33 of 140)_edited-1 copy 

(54 of 140)_edited-1 copy

It was time. 

I had the privilege waiting with my nephew for just he and I to be able to see his brand new brothers as they leave the surgery and are transported to the N.I.C.U.  This would be the only time he would be able to see his brothers for a possible 3 months or longer stay in the N.I.C.U because children are not allowed.  He was just so anxious for his brothers to come through those doors and we saw both of them for a split two seconds before they were whisked away.

(58 of 140)_edited-1 copy(61 of 140)_edited-1 copy

(97 of 140)_edited-1 copy

They were so tiny and hooked up to all sort of monitors and a breathing machine in their incubators.  I was so glad that I was there to capture their dad holding one them for the first time. 

Look how tiny his head was.

(90 of 140)_edited-1 copy(110 of 140) copy

 

(124 of 140)_edited-1 copy

Preston Joel

and

Landon Nicholas

welcome to world you both are a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz- these are absolutely moving. I got goosebumps! Such a beautiful miracle- the whole thing. And you captured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete